Sunday 28 February 2010

outrage outrage outrage

So, the aforementioned Belle and Herb's (utterly spectacular. No, really.) café has closed. Cannee believe it. It's the most utterly ludicrous thing. The café was clearly so popular, always heaving with people and often with queues out in the street.

So, OK, in the grand scheme of things a closed café isn't so headline-worthy, but honestly it was such a genuinely cool and quirky place that it's heartbreaking to see such a one-off be shut down with so little explanation. Ach ach ach.

It's being renamed "Butterfly Cabinet" and, to be fair, it might still be mint. Apparently the original owner isn't involved with the new café, so I don't know how similar it'll be or if it'll look the same as it originally did. I'll try it out and see.

Sorry, I just realised how banal this would be to read if you've never been. It's just made me really sad so I thought I'd write about it. Imagine the coolest café you've ever been to, then times by ten. That was it.

*sniff*

2 comments:

  1. It's okay that you posted this. A cafe that was special to me and my sister closed recently. "Trixies".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gutting when it happens, you get really attached to places like that :(

    ReplyDelete