Monday 18 January 2010

number 7 (well, it was a start...)

This morning I took a step in the right direction with number 7 on the list. I went... drumroll please... for a BLOOMIN RUN. Oh yes, I kid you not.

I was out there, at half six in the morning, in the pitch dark, pink as a ham and heaving for breath like an 80 year-old asthmatic smoker. Nevertheless, I managed it.

Although, on the way back I got the urge (which, I think can only be due to my body's shock at the unexpected exercise) to spit. Shocking I know, but I've seen footballers do it, so thought it must be the customary hooliganish sporty-type thing to do. So, after looking around sheepishly to check that no one was about (which I'm sure no sensible person would be at that unearthly hour in the cold and dark), I attempted a swift and cunning spit in the gutter.

What resulted, resembled more what happened at 6.14 in this video...



Ye-es, perhaps not so suave and casual.

Nevertheless, I bloomin did it - I conquered my first jogging session, and long may it last! Bring it on baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment