Saturday 16 January 2010

an unexpectedly mint day

Today I ventured out into Newcastle with one of my housemates to try and find a computer repair place in the vain hope that I might be able to get my laptop fixed. 

We eventually found a place in a quiet shopping centre, which was run by a couple of Geordie blokes, and proceeded to spend much of the day in their tiny shop with them and their dog with kidney-failure called Smudge.

Turns out there is something wrong with my motherboard/graphics card and it's really common with my particular laptop. Ach. Should cost about £170 to get it repaired, but after that it should be ok. Then normal service shall resume and I can crack on with blogging/vlogging with renewed vigour once more.

In the meantime I have bought a copy of Les Misérables and will settle down with it for the night very contentedly with a hot water bottle on my feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment