Tuesday 27 April 2010

planning planning

So, tomorrow is module selection. At 9:00 tomorrow morning I'm picking my modules for next year. This is what I'm thinking:

Semester 1
  • Beyond Wonderland (a module on the origins and development of children's literature)
  • an Extended Study (5000 words on anything I've been taught so far - basically a mini-dissertation)
Semester 2
  • Contemporary Documentary (learning about the theory and practice of making documentaries. We'll be taught how to use editing software and stuff, and part of the assessment is a 4 minute film we have to make about ourselves. Eek!)
  • Career Development (70 hours volunteering at a placement. This is where I'm hoping to go - it looks amazing!)
  • another Extended Study
So, all in all, it looks pretty mint. Not huge amounts of taught modules this time, but there are always less in third year because of dissertation/extended studies. Eee, I'm really excited!

I've wanted to do the documentary module since the beginning of uni, but have always chickened out. It's taught by Tina Ghavari and I think there's a fair amount of practical work involved and I've got no idea what to expect, which is pretty intimidating. Thing is though, I'm thinking when else am I going to get an opportunity like this?  I love film and documentaries and it's a real chance to learn to do something I love better. So I told myself to get a grip :)

I'll have to start thinking of ideas for my 4 minute film...

No comments:

Post a Comment