Monday 11 April 2011

Monday's Faces

I love this one (realised I say that about all of them, but doesn't make it less true). She really really reminds me of Marilla Cuthbert from Anne of Green Gables – who is, needless to say, a legend.

I wonder why she's wearing black, maybe she's a widow? And, more mysteriously, I wonder what the paper is that she's holding. She looks pretty pleased, whatever it is. I love her smile, she looks very grandmotherly I think. Trying to work out where she's from is also pretty tricky. Something makes me feel like it could be somewhere in America or Canada, not sure why. Something about the combination of that curtain and the wallpaper. Can't put my finger on it though.

So, pretty much a real-life Marilla Cuthbert. Not a bad accolade.

No comments:

Post a Comment