Tuesday 3 May 2011

cossie

So, all the Wedding shenanigans and seeing the sylph-like Middleton lasses sashaying down the aisle has made me seriously reconsider my (non-existent) health regime. I am monumentally unfit given the fairly inevitable fizzling-out of my "jogging phase", and I'm more than a fair amount heftier than when I started uni. SO, I've decided to invest in the only real form of exercise that I a) can endure, and b) actually enjoy: swimming.

This decision, however, comes with its own set of problems – namely, I have to wear a swimming costume. In public. As in, around people. Hideous.

Given that this particular aspect of the whole swimming experience is somewhat difficult to avoid, today I grabbed the bull by the not-inconsiderable horns and went to buy a new cossie. Deciding that a venture into TopShop or New Look – wading my way through size 6 nothings – would be intolerable, I opted to stick with good ol' M&S. 

So, armed with a new lippy from Boots to build confidence, in I went, jaw set in determination. I snaffled a few modest all-in-ones from the rails and headed to the changing rooms to try them on. A few torturous minutes later, I had managed to shoehorn myself into the first one. The look I was going for was "20s French chic" to go with my hair (and the gorgeous lippy). Difficult to achieve when you look like a sow in an elastic band.

The first four (okay, five) looked hideous beyond all belief, but the last one was marginally tolerable (black and kind of ruched down the front – nicer than it sounds) with "tummy control", apparently. Unfortunately it's rather more difficult to find a costume with "thigh, bum, and upper-arm control", but I've done my best...

So "huzzah" for that, all that remains is to research opening times and prices of my local pool and away we go – I shall slip through the water like a minnow and be a size 10 in no time. Hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. If they invent a swimming costume with 'thigh, bum and upper-arm control' I will be first on the bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete