Sunday 31 October 2010

X Factor

OK, I'm sat here with the housemates watching the inevitable X Factor, chocolate mug cake in hand, and decided I should give my current lowdown:

Groups
  • One Direction - not fussed. Sweet lads but I think the boy band thing (as much as Simon says they're not a boy band...) is a tad passé.
  • Belle Amie - pretty, nice styling, not singers. Sorry, they're just not.
Over 28s
  • Mary - absolutely adore that woman. She's the kind of woman that I reckon if you were having a crisis you could go round to her house and she'd put on a brew and give you something warming to eat. But they need to give her a new genre to sing.
  • Wagner - oh no. Please, no.
Boys
  • Aiden - nice unusual voice, good singer, pretty beautiful. I think they're playing up the "intensity" thing too much; he's becoming almost a caricature, which is a shame. Pretty sure he's on the autistic spectrum.
  • Paije - mint lad, lovely personality. Mint voice. Makes me feel like sunshine.
  • Matt - love love love him. Amazing voice, lovely bloke. Bad song choice for him last night (the Leona Lewis one). Kind of hoping he wins.
Girls
  • Katie - beautiful, cool style, but she is not that bloomin' original. She's styled herself somewhere between Madonna and Lady Gaga, but people keep harking on about how original she is. I also get the feeling that singing is just a means to an end for her too, she wants to be an icon come what may, I think. Beautiful voice, but find her too annoying to really enjoy it. 
  • TreyC - I find that spelling of her name quite annoying, but she's got a superb voice. It's a shame that she keeps being so overlooked. I think her personality hasn't come across that much on the show, and so much of it seems to based on that (perhaps unfairly).
  • Rebecca - same as TreyC really. Fantastic voice, and she's very beautiful and sweet, but I don't feel as though we know her as much as the others.
  • Cher - very quirky and distinctive voice. She's a fab singer, but I feel as though the judges don't really know what to do with her. Cheryl's so conventionally pop (and inferior in the way of talent) that I don't think she does her justice with song choice. Cher's kind of become a parody of herself. But, I think she's still mint. 
So there you have it, here endeth my judgement. As I speak Belle Amie are singing for survival against Katie. And, as much as she irritates me, I'm hoping Katie stays. It's only fair really.

No comments:

Post a Comment