Monday 26 October 2009

by our gatepost

I was in two minds as to whether or not to take my camera with me today - my bag was full and heavy with the major works of Shelley (well worth a place in my bag but fairly cumbersome nonetheless) and it was a bit of a squeeze.

But when I got to our gatepost - the gate having apparently long since gone - I was glad I brought it.

I've been meaning to take a picture of this flower for weeks. It's amazing. I don't know what kind it is, but it's open during the day, and then if it's too cold or it's night it closes up again.

I've become very fond of it actually, and keep an eye out for it every morning.

It's probably some kind of weed, but not to me. Today it made all the difference in the world.

1 comment:

  1. IT's a WELSH POPPY!!!!! :] *is so excited to see one* We have heaps of them here, they're orange and yellow. I love them! And we collect the seeds and put them in home made bread!! :] xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete