Sunday 4 October 2009

hello autumn


It's finally arrived - my favourite season.

Today was the first time I felt that frosty bite in the air: the merest hint of the chill to come. I couldn't quite see my breath in the air, but I know it'll happen soon.

Of course, with the beginning of autumn comes the annual 'coat decision'. To wear, or not to wear? I have managed to acquire a rather marvellous silk-scarf-and-tweed-coat ensemble which makes me feel really rather Withnailian and wonderful, and I'm just aching to wear it. I attempted it the other day - but I don't think my heart was really in it. The coat seemed to be wearing me, rather than the other way round, and I couldn't help but notice the large numbers of people donned in t-shirts walking the streets.

It was one of those odd days where clothes are concerned, the type when the general population can't seem to make up its mind. The kind when if you leave the house in anything less than a winter coat you feel underdressed, but wearing one makes you feel foolishly prepared for Arctic conditions and invariably results in the carrying of said coat.

Still, autumn is definitely approaching - the trees are looking progressively self-consciously ill-clothed and a chill is in the air. My foppish coat beckons... Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment