Tuesday 6 October 2009

I have come to realise...


That I am really a granny trapped in a 20 year-old's body.

Actually, the title of this post is misleading - it is not a new thought which has just recently drawn me to this conclusion, but rather a sneaking suspicion that's been brewing for a good long while.

It doesn't bother me too much: floral prints, knitted cardigans, fresh flowers everywhere (favourites) and a liberal smattering of books seems like a fairly idyllic existence if I'm honest. Perfection itself, surely, cannot be far from a well-dunked digestive in a large-mugged brew?

My premature grannyhood seems, in fact, to have been universally accepted - and indeed embraced - by my friends and housemates, with teapots and general knitted goods being common objects left scattered in my wake.

Here's to the floral prints and general chintziness that make up my little existence.

2 comments:

  1. Some of the best people I know are grannies. I love the picture on this post. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob, I know some pretty mint grannies too.
    I like this picture too, I took it when I'd packed up all my stuff to leave my hall of residence last year - I couldn't bring myself to throw the flower away so left it for the cleaning lady, Gloria. It was a little splash of colour in the room - it looked so bare and empty!

    ReplyDelete